The goal of the media tour is to create awareness and excitement about Nigeria Travel Week.
Radio :Cool FM Group – Cool FM, WAZOBIA, Nigeria Info; Classic FM; Inspiration FM
TV: TVC; Channels; Silverbird; AIT; NTA; StarTimes; DSTV
Selected Tour Operators, Travel Agents, Travel Bloggers, Travel Photographers and Travel Media will embark on familiarization tours of Nigerian ecotourism and cultural attractions.
Participants will be 50 international delegates from 24 countries including Algeria, Australia, Botswana, Brazil, Chile, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Ghana, Hungary, India, Israel, Kenya, Mozambique, Philippines, Poland, Russia, Rwanda, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, US, and Zambia.
The Tourism Cup
We leverage on the power of golf to drive tourism more than any other sport as golfers will travel to play golf and often times experience more than one golf course on any trip.
The Tourism Cup will see golf enthusiasts and tourism industry players network and enjoy a day of golf at the iconic Ikoyi Club. This event will hold at the most prestigious Ikoyi Club and will feature Two sessions where tourism professionals, stakeholders and policy makers discuss the development of tourism in Nigeria.
Special Guest Golfers include:
- Ambassador Adamu Emozozo (former Nigerian Ambassador to Brazil, Bolivia & Paraguay)
- Chief Ayo Olumokun (Consultant to Osun Oshogbo & Olojo Festivals)
Mr Gbenga Olowo (President, Sabre Travel Network Nigeria)
The Travel Roundtable
|1||The Travel Roundtable: Leveraging Tourism for a Vibrant & Sustainable Economy||Waturi Wa Matu , Didier Bayeye , Efetobo Awhana||02:00 PM||THE WHEATBAKER|
|2||The Travel Roundtable: National Carrier & Tourism Development - Costs versus Benefits||Bukky Akomolafe , Gbenga Olowo , Dikko Nwachukwu , Prof Wolfgang Thome , Alex Nwuba , Toni Ukachukwu||04:00 PM||THE WHEATBAKER|
Two sessions where tourism professionals, stakeholders and policy makers discuss the development of tourism in Nigeria.
Moderator – Mr Oluwaseyi Adegoke-Adeyemo, Publisher of Inside Watch Africa (IWA)
Keynote Address – Mr Folorunsho Folarin-Coker, DG, Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation (NTDC)
- First Session: Leveraging Tourism For a Vibrant & Sustainable Economy
Panelists include: Waturi Wa Matu, Didier Bayeye, Efetobo Awhana
- Second Session: National Carrier & Tourism Development: Costs versus Benefits
Panelists include: Prof Wolfgang Thome, Bukky Akomolafe, Alex Nwuba, Toni Ukachukwu, Gbenga Olowo, Dikko Nwachukwu
The Village Square
Village Square – Celebration of Nigerian Culture
- SETTING – Typical local Nigerian village square, with all guests role-playing villagers dressed in local attires
- DRAMA & DANCE – Traditional drama and dance presentations
- FOOD – Ofada rice, Pounded Yam, Asaro, Amala, Tuwo, Jollof rice, Afang, Banga and Starch, Pepper Soup, Suya
- DRINKS- Kunu, Fura, Zobo, Palmwine, Tigernut etc
- LOCAL SNACKS – Guguru, Groundnut, Bole, Dodo Ikire, Ipekere, Donkua, Ukwa, Masa, Kokoro
- OTHER TRADITIONAL OFFERINGS – Bitter Kola, Kolanuts, Okwoji, Garden egg, Alligator pepper, Ube
Travel Hangout – Social Mixer Event for Tourism
Lekki Conservation Centre @ 10.00AM. Saturday, 25 November 2017.
The Travel Hangout is a social mixer event holding at the popular nature conservation park, Lekki Conservation Centre. It will attract young trendy socially mobile individuals and families to hangout and learn about tourism in Nigeria whilst also enjoying a key tourist attraction itself, LCC.
- SETTING – Nature park with serene, laid-back family friendly setting
- AUDIENCE – Individuals & Families looking for a fun weekend. Activity will include learning about tourism attractions and tour products/services from select exhibitors
- ACTIVITIES – Lots of games and activities including 5-aside football, volleyball, chess, scrabble, ludo, ayo, MeWalk (our fun trendy version of the catwalk) etc
- FOOD & DRINKS- BBQ, Small chops, various drinks etc
Nigeria Tourism Awards
Nigeria Tourism Awards – The Balearica
Federal Palace Hotel @ 7.00pm. Saturday, 25 November 2017.
Nigeria Tourism Awards will celebrate and highlight the achievements of outstanding travel professionals, organizations and trend setters in the Nigerian travel industry.