Highlights from Nigeria Travel Week 2017
In 2017, we held the maiden edition of Nigeria Travel Week and got rave reviews throughout the tourism industry. We were able to achieve significant milestones in the tourism industry – the first tourism industry week designed to specifically promote domestic and inbound tourism as well as the first verified tourism industry awards. The key achievements reached include:
- We hosted foreign tour operators, travel agents, travel bloggers and media on both pre and post-event familiarization tours of Nigerian tour attractions
- Tourism Golf Cup with over 200 golfers at Nigeria’s premier golf course, Ikoyi Club 1938
- The Travel Roundtable held with an impressive cast of panelists including Prof Wolfgang Thome (ATC News), Waturi Matu (TradeMark East Africa), Didier Bayeye (Sun International), Abiola Ogunbiyi (SJ Tours), Alex Nwuba (Smile Air), Dikko Nwachukwu (JetWest Airways), Ademola Sanya (British Airways), Abiola Lawal (FlyBoku), Bunmi Archer (Leadway Assurance), Bukky Akomolafe (TravelStart), Efetobo Awhana (Avantgarde Tours) and Tony Ukachukwu (Afro Tourism).
- The Village Square thrilled our international delegates and other guests to local dances (including the spectacular Bata dance by Khalid Ayanshina), drama, food, local snacks and drinks.
- The Balearica Awards (Nigeria Tourism Awards) celebrated outstanding players in the tourism industry with a very impressive attendance by the industry’s crème de la crème.